Monday 16 July 2012

Handy Task Tabs for your Filofax

Today's DIY project is what I'm calling Task Tabs. These are little half-width pages you can slot between diary pages to collect and manage ad hoc tasks. Here is an example:


Note that I've simply jotted tasks here and crossed through them when I've accomplished them. I've used a Frixion pen so that when this one becomes full of completed actions I can just zap it in the microwave to remove all the ink and use it again.

So far, so good, but there's one more trick. I printed this on card and after I'd punched it, cut slits between each of the holes and the inside edge, which means I can do this:


Yes, I can move this around in the diary, putting it between different pages without having to open the rings. The tab at the top means it can effectively replace my 'today' marker, too.

I am publishing the template so that you can make your own if you want. 



One piece of A4 card yields four Task Tabs. I've given each a different colour, but you can change these however you like.

If you want to try these out, download the Word file.


6 comments:

LucyLastic (All Things Stationery) said...

Like! These would also be good for making a note of regular 'to dos' that need to be done daily/weekly. I use a 'week on one page with notes' diary so I put my 'one-off' to dos on the notes page, but I put reoccurring daily/weekly reminders on my phone (such as 'make packed lunch', 'take tablet' etc). I might make one of these for my reoccurring reminders. Thanks!

Tommes S. said...

Hi Ray,

what an absolutely great idea!!! Thank you very much for sharing the templates!

Best regards,
Thomas

Andrea M. said...

I was thinking about something similar to this earlier. You could put your weekly/daily recurring to do's on normal page (indented a bit to stick out past this marker) and use the marker as the place to check off tasks. You wouldn't have to rewrite the tasks or print off new sheets. If this was laminated, you could even use dry erase markers and just wipe it clean at the end of the day/week.

LucyLastic (All Things Stationery) said...

What a fab idea Andrea! I might just have a go at that.

Jotje said...

Again, this is a fantastic idea! You've become the Filofax inserts guru!!!!

Marushka said...

just downloaded these, love them. Been trawling through the philofaxy files, inserts trying to find some newer, more effective ways of using my filofax and these tabs are definitely the way forward for me. Thank you for creating them, but most of all thank you for sharing them with us. Usha

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...